Robotics Morning

The lovely people at HSSMI kindly gave us some Robot kits. Today we split into 3 teams and attempted to build the robots. We learned teamwork, following instructions, patience, ingenuity (we fixed/ amended the things we broke!) and perseverance.

This entry was posted in Computing by nic schofield. Bookmark the permalink.

About nic schofield

I’m a primary schools computing technician, interested in teaching children, their teachers & their parents, about IoT, computational thinking and implications of technology on their lives and encouraging children to think critically about technology to influence change in the world.

5 thoughts on “Robotics Morning

1. I worked on the Spider Robot and it was so much fun; we had a lot of trial and error but got there in the end! The legs kept falling off, so we had to do a lot of repair work! I really enjoyed the morning!

2. It was really fun! My team built the tumbling robot. We got it to forward roll but then we tried to make it walk and the hook snapped off to attach the walking piece in place. We tried to give it an operation and selotape the piece back but then the hip wouldn’t bend but we were happy with forward rolling and I loved it. It helped us not only in computing but with teamwork. We were going to film them but it was just our luck that they broke right when we were about to film. The tumbling one a cog fell off and the spider one had a leg broken. The other one was not finished yet. Overall I loved it and I think every school should do it!